This is the simplest, fail safe, mouth watering, slow cooked pea and ham soup you will ever taste. Simply through everything into the slow cooker, come back eight hours later and you have yourself the best soup you have ever tasted! Yes you guessed it, it’ my favourite soup and the kids love that it makes them fart!
- 1 ham hock
- 3 sticks of celery
- 600gm of potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 onion
- 1 packed of green split peas – soaked overnight
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash split peas and place in the slow cooker
- Add Ham Hock
- Roughly chop all vegetables and add to slow cooker
- Add water to just cover the ingredients
- Cook on on high for 6 – 8 hours
Once cooked carefully take the ham hock out of the slow cooker and tear apart pieces of meat; set aside.
Using a bar mixer or blender, blend all the vegetable until soup had a thick smooth texture. (Add more water if needed)
Return meat to the soup; add salt and pepper to taste.
Voila! Happy Cooking