My Dad taught me to cook these scallop potatoes a few years ago now. They are so quick and easy to make and can be served with anything, summer or winter!
The ingredient change depending on the size of the baking dish and I don’t measure anything when making this dish!!!
- Potatoes (amount will depend on the size of your baking dish – at least 6!)
- 1-2 leek (depending on the size of your baking dish)
- 600ml full fat cream
- Approx 3/4 cup of chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Grated cheese
- Slice the potatoes approx. 3mm thick
- Thinly slice leeks
- Mix cream and chicken stock in bowl
- Layer baking dish with potatoes, leeks then salt and pepper
- Repete until all ingredients are gone or level with top of baking dish
- Pour cream mixture on top
- Cover with foil and bake at 200 for 45 minutes
- Remove foil and add grated cheese and cook until cheese is golden brown (approx 15 minutes, if you have a good oven!!!)
- Enjoy with your loved ones!!
These will be the BEST scallop potatoes you will made, hands down!
Happy Cooking xx