Nothing says “home” like the smell of homemade Sausage Rolls cooking in the oven. The perfect bite sized snack for the kids and quite easy to freeze. The kids loved mixing and grating the ingredients and couldn’t wait to eat them warm out of the oven.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tbs of fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbs tomatoes sauce
- 2 eggs
- 500gm of sausage roll mince
- Packet of puff pastry
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Cut a sheet of pasty in half
- Spoon a thin layer of sausage mixture on the pastry and fold in half; push down the edges with a fork.
- Cut sausage rolls into 4.
- Prick each sausage roll with a fork and baste with milk or egg.
- Place on a lightly greased oven tray and bake for 30 mins
This was a great afternoon snack for us and also a great activity for the kids. Next time I might double the mixture so we can freeze them and add to work lunches or eat them as another afternoon snack!