- Certified Organic flours (white wheat and wholemeal)
- Certified Organic sourdough culture
- Certified Organic soy milk
- Certified Organic raw sugar
- Certified Organic butter
- Certified Organic free-range eggs
- Certified Organic sultanas
- Certified Organic orange zest
- Certified Organic extra virgin olive oil
- Vanilla extract
- Natural sea salt
- Natural rice syrup
Panettone is a feast day cake bread dating back to the Roman Empire. From the very beginning until relatively recently this celebratory cake would have been leavened naturally with sourdough. Though challenging to manage we believe this leavening to be far superior to the easier and faster yeast method.
Uniquely combining long fermentation with entirely Certified Organic ingredients, including plum dried fruit, produces a fragrant medieval style feast cake. Our Panettone is subtly sweet and its distinct flavour is nicely balanced, from the tang of the leaven through to the eggs, butter and citrus rind.