This was the best chicken dish I have had in a long time. It made me feel like a professional chef. The flavours were magnificent and it was so easy to prepare. This could become my signature dish!
- Whole Chicken
- 4 cloves of garlic, halved
- 5cm piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup of light soy sauce
- 1 cup of chinese cooking wine
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 lt of water
Ingredients to Garnish:
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2.5cm piece of ginger, cut into match sticks
- 2 red chillies, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of coriander
- 1/2 cup of peanut oil
- Put everything from the ingredient list in the slow cooker for 6 hours, on the low setting
- Walk away, relax, read a book, go to work, do the shopping, what ever you choose!
- Come back 6 hours later and take the chicken out of the slow cooker. Break into large pieces.
- Serve on a bed of rice with all ingredients listed for the garnish.
- Heat peanut oil in a saucepan and carefully drizzle over chicken
How easy is that!