I’ve been cooking Moroccan Lamb Shanks for about 8 years. My dad walked past my desk at work one day and said try this! I did, and it was and always is sensational. You CAN NOT fail at this dish. I guarantee it will please everyone at the dinner table.
I have know idea where he got it from but I know it off by heart, thats how many times I’ve cooked it. Best part, it’s in the slow cooker. Convenient, minimal dishes and extremely easy. I use to prepare it the night before and when I left for work in the morning, I would get it out of the fridge, turn it on, and by the time we were both home by 4 it was ready!
All we had to do was make some mash potato and boil some broccoli.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
▪ 4 lamb shanks
▪ splash olive oil
▪ 1 tin chopped tomatoes
▪ 1 tin water
▪ 1 white onion, diced
▪ 1 knob ginger, chopped
▪ 2 cloves garlic, chopped
▪ 1 heaped teaspoon coriander powder
▪ 1 heaped teaspoon cumin
▪ 1 heaped teaspoon turmeric
▪ 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
▪ 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
grated lemon zest
- Heat oil in a large fry-pan.
- Add the lamb shanks and lightly brown; remove and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to the fry-pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add lamb shanks and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on high for at least 6 hours.
- Serve on a bed of mash potato.