They didn’t last long and are the perfect gift to let someone know your thinking about them during the christmas period. Grandma’s Shortbread are delicious and the perfect activity for kids to enjoy too.
- 200g of plain flour
- 25g custard powder
- 115g rice flour (McKenzies) at most big supermarkets
- 115g castor sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 225g Very soft butter
- Sift all dry ingredients 4 times
- Add chopped butter and vanilla and knead together until all really smooth like soft plastercine
- Take handfuls and flatten on plenty of plain flour
- Cut your shapes & bake in 150ºC oven for 40 minutes .
Enjoy love Gran x x